Melbourne was recently awarded "World's most liveable city" - and it's a very popular tourist destinaton for local and international visitors. There is always something happening, somewhere in the city.
Here's some websites to help you explore what's on offer:
- The City Of Melbourne's guide to what's on
- The official tourism website
- The The crowd-sourced encyclopedic version
- Backpack Melbourne
Melbourne is usually warm and dry in January, with day-time temperatures aroud 25°C. However, Melbourne weather can be changeable and it's good to be prepared. The following links should help you decide what to pack:
- Bureau of Meteorology Melbourne forecast
- Bureau of Meteorology weather radar
- Monthly Melbourne weather averages
If you've got a taste for open source conferences, linux.conf.au starts on January 16 in Ballarat.