Responsive Design is a web design philosophy that describes ways of making web pages respond to the device they're viewed on. The techniques that underpin it enables designers to style websites to have an appropriate look and feel for a range of devices, without sacrificing functionality, depth of content, or beauty. It means that you need not waste time developing different versions of your site for different platforms, and as a bonus, ensures your site is ready to work on future platforms or devices.
Responsive Design is not exclusive to Drupal, and most of the session will be spent discussing it as a general technique. There are tools and themes currently available that will help you use Responsive Design on Drupal sites, and some will be covered.
This session will cover:
* More on what Responsive Design is
* Why you should use it, and what problems you might face
* A review of the ideas that underpin Responsive Design
* How to work with it in Drupal
* A quick example of making a Drupal layout responsive